Welcome! We are glad you visited our online home.
Welcome to the online home of First Presbyterian Church of Clarks Summit, PA – “The Church On the Hill.” We are glad you have found the website of this lively, loving and faithful congregation. We invite you to click through our pages and discover why so many thoughtful Christians in our region make this church their spiritual home.
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and have more than 500 members. Each week about 200 people attend worship and education, which makes us one of the largest Presbyterian congregations in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
We welcome all people to our church family.
- A great big thank you to everyone who participated in the Service Through Worship program on September 25. See the video!
- For Children ages 2 - 7 and their parents or grandparents are invited to a new adventure on Sunday mornings: Adventures in the Bible. -more-
- Confirmation Class - Is just starting. We will be offering a confirmation class this year for any student in grades 7-12 who is ready to dig deeper in their faith and learn what it means to belong to the church. -more-
- The W.A.Y. is underway. Our Wednesday evening program of food, church school, and choirs, begins at 5:00 pm with a light supper (reservations requested). -more-
- Fall is fast approaching, and our church-year activities are starting!
- Adult Choir rehearsals are underway, at 7:15
- Bell Choir rehearsals are underway, at 8:30 pm.
- Chapel Choir rrehearsals are underway, at 5:30 pm.
- The W.A.Y. is underway
- Rev. Carter's sermons are now available as podcasts. Listen here.
- The next event in the Arts at First Presbyterian series is November 20. -more-
- The 2015 Annual Report is available here. Reports for previous years are also available on our archives page.
- Yaya is still here! Williamson Jacques, nicknamed, Yaya, the 2016-2020 Keystone College International Education and Peace Scholar arrived on January 1st. See how you can help. -more-
- Thanks to the generosity of members and the community, $831.72 was raised in support of local missions through the Souper Bowl of Caring and the Chili Cafe Cook-off. Proceeds went the Bethel AME Shelter and the Abington Ecumenical Food Pantry. Thanks to all who participated.
- The Mission and Justice committee has been busy. Check out their latest activies on the Mission and Justice page.
- Going on vacation? Did you know that you can set up your on-line giving so your pledge goes to the church even if you can't. Click on the big green pledge button and and set up your periodic giving. Youcan also direct a gift to any program. Missions, music, youth programs, OGHS and the Deacon's Fund are just a few of the many programs that can use your gifts.
- The Presbyterian Church (USA) is governed by its Book of Order. More than a mere "rule book," the Book of Order is a collection of wisdom, a statement of our church's values, and reasonable operating principles for how the church of Jesus Christ will do its work in the world. The Presbyterian Book of Order is available for downloading here.
- Subscribe now to our weekly e-mail newsletter.
- The Church on the Hill has many activities for all. If you're into music, if you want to provide support for others, if you want to enrich your Christian life, or if you just want to get out and meet people with similar interests, we have activities for all. Click here for a list of our activites to enhance your life within our church community.
- On Sunday mornings, children ages 2-7 and their parents or grandparents are invited to a new adventure: Adventures in the Bible. The group will meet in room 111 from 9:00 - 9:45 a.m. Together, we will explore a Bible story, bring the story to life with a craft or activity, and sing songs of praise. If you have any questions, please contact the office at 570-586-6306. We look forward to welcoming you, so all can learn about the Bible and prepare for worship!
- October 30 is Stewardship Sunday. It is the generosity of many, many people that helps to make our church strong and active. This is your opportunity to support our mission and ministry throughout the community and throughout the world. Pledge cards have been mailed to our members, but you don't have to be a member to support our mission and ministry. To make a pledge, simply go to our online pledge card. To set up an automatic contribution, click here.
Check our Calendar for more upcoming events.