Welcome! We are glad you visited our online home.
Welcome to the online home of First Presbyterian Church of Clarks Summit, PA – “The Church On the Hill.” We are glad you have found the website of this lively, loving and faithful congregation. We invite you to click through our pages and discover why so many thoughtful Christians in our region make this church their spiritual home.
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and have more than 500 members. Each week about 200 people attend worship and education, which makes us one of the largest Presbyterian congregations in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
We welcome all people to our church family. Check out our "how to join" page for more information.
Hot topics ...
- Wednesday Adult and Youth (WAY) begins on September 10. Join us in Fellowship Hall for a light meal at 5:15, followed by our Christian Education programs for adults and youth.
- Subscribe now to our weekly e-mail newsletter.
- Musicians! Check our music opportunities for the fall. All are welcome.
- Young musicians - Kay Ten Eyck will lead another one day Music Camp for all kids in Kindergarten through 6th grade. It is free, and will be held at the church on Sunday, September 7 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- The PresbyDine Kickoff is coming up on Sunday, September 14, at 6:30 pm.
- The Church on the Hill has many activities for all. If you're into music, if you want to provide support for others, if you want to enrich your Christian life, or if you just want to get out and meet people with similar interests, we have activities for all. Click here for a list of our activites to enhance your life within our church community.
- Our national church's General Assembly met last month in Detroit. Here are a few of the summaries from the meeting, which you may find interesting:
- A note for members: The annual meeting of the congregation and corporation was held on Sunday, February 2, 2014. The annual report is available here.
Happening in August, September and beyond ..
- September 7 is Fall Kick-Off Sunday. Since it is a first Sunday of the month, this will be a Communion Sunday. Woo hoo, the Lord's Supper two weeks in a row!
- September 7 is also our one day Music Camp for all kids in Kindergarten through 6th grade. It is free, and will be held at the church on Sunday, September 7 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- September 9 - Presbyterian Women's Annual Gathering
- September 10 - WAY classes begin again. Classes start at 6:15, and if you don't have time to cook dinner, join us for a light supper at 5:15. Reservations (570-586-6306) are needed for supper, but all are welcome for the evening programs and classes.
- September 14 (6:30 pm) - PresbyDine kickoff. Everyone is invited to attend the Kick Off dessert on Sunday evening Sept. 14th at 6:30 PM in Fellowship Hall. This meeting is for current and new members, so bring your calendars and activity ideas. Last year’s groups went hiking at Mellow Park, biking on the Lehigh Gorge trail, met for brunch, attended a show in Scranton – the possibilities are endless! Call the church office at 586-6306 for more details.
- September 27 - Camp Lackawanna Golf Tournament, at Shadowbrook.
- October 4 - noon - All Presbytery Day at Camp Lackwanna. See the Lackawanna Presbytery site for details.
- October 12 - 4:00 pm - The Mending, which is a very special worship experience that is being planned for four Sunday afternoons over the course of the year. Imagine a jazz vespers, a healing service, and the Lord's Supper all rolled into one, open to anybody in our community who wants a richer experience of God.
- October 26 - The new season of the Arts at First Presbyterian begins with a bluegrass concert by the Hickory Project, a world-renowned band from Wellsboro.
Check our Calendar for more upcoming events.